A white Christmas

Sadly it looks like we won’t have one this year. It’s been practically balmy the past couple days, with temperatures in the 50s, and the rain that poured down yesterday was nowhere near freezing into fluffy snowflakes. Christmas in Chile still feels a bit strange with it being summer, so when I get the chance to spend Christmas in England, a white Christmas tops the list I send to Santa.

Ducks on a pond

The good news is that we did get some beautiful snow last Friday and Saturday, so assuming a Christmas miracle doesn’t come through and blanket the countryside in the white stuff in the night, I’ll have these photos to tide me over.

Snowy backyard

Have a very happy Christmas – or whatever you celebrate – and enjoy the excuse to spend time with family and, perhaps most importantly, eat!

Snowy pheasant

8 Responses to “A white Christmas”

1. I feel your weird-weather-at-Christmas weirdness…ever since I got back to the US, it’s been in the 60s in Tennessee! That’s just absurd.

That’s crazy warm! I think it may actually have gotten into the 60s here today, which is insane. Ahhhh, global warming is real!

Merry Christmas, I’m so happy you’ve been reunited with Ella (oh, and your human family) for the holiday!

We had a mini-blizzard that almost prevented my flight from getting in. I’m freezing!!

You poor thing! Send your snow to me, what’s it doing out there in the desert? I’ll take it until Saturday, when it can please go away so that my flights back to Chile don’t have problems.

Merry Christmas, lovely!

Ooooh white, so pretty! Too bad it didn’t actually snow on Christmas day but I’m sure it’s still cozy at your dad’s!

It was almost cozy outside as well with the weirdly high temperatures. Sadly I think we’re done with snow for this trip, but at least we got a couple of pretty days.

Aw, beautiful!! I love seeing snow pictures – we saw a tiny bit up in the hills around Vienna before we left Europe but hardly any at all.

It really was gorgeous. Snow makes me feel like such a little kid, I just want to go outside and play in it until I realize about 30 seconds later that it’s actually very cold :)