Living the high life in London

Thanks to their bronze medal win at the Pan American Games, the Chilean men’s handball team is gearing up to play in an Olympic qualifier tournament next month. Their odds of making it through to the Olympics could be likened to those of a snowball in hell – hey, I love my husband, but I’m also realistic – but can you imagine if they qualified? I’d be on the first plane to London 2012!

Last time we went to London, we were lucky enough to stay with friends. Their hospitality was MUCH appreciated, but I’d feel like a bit of an imposition camping out for a week or more. And London is one expensive town when it comes to hotels. So what’s a girl to do?

Join the latest craze in vacation accommodations, of course: rent an apartment. And we’re not talking your parents’ aparthotel with a sad little kitchenette and beige everything. These days, there are some gorgeous apartments for rent that will have you wishing you could stay longer.

I loved visiting the British Museum and exploring the Bloomsbury neighborhood in December, so St Pancras Chambers would be the perfect spot. I know promotional photos can make everything look better, but if this place is anything like the photos I’d like to move in yesterday, please. And I’m not talking a temporary move – I’ll just live here with all the perfect decorations if you don’t mind.

Sadly my dreams of luxe living in London may have to wait. Handball’s probably not going to the Olympics, and I’m probably not going back to England until at least next year since we have other demands on our time, like our trip to Cuba. But at least I know that next time I do go, even if it’s just for a couple days, I’ll be able to play house in style.

This post made possible by onefinestay.

10 Responses to “Living the high life in London”

1. It would be great if Rodolfo’s team made it to the Olympics! Hope to see you in the UK this summer :)

I would love that! Sadly like I said, it’s unlikely, but believe me that you will definitely hear about it if it happens.

2. Sue says:

Jess and Mike stayed there a few weeks ago and say that it is absolutely fabulous so….. COME ON RODOLFO!

That’s so funny, what a coincidence! I was asked to write about this place, but it really does look gorgeous – I’d love to see it for myself.

3. Travelistic says:

Gotta love London!

I cant wait for the Olympics fever to take hold of the city.. :0)

4. Leah Travels says:

What a cute place! I know what you mean about that luxe living while on vacation. I rented an unbelievable house in Queenstown with the most perfect view. I never wanted to leave!

Nice! It definitely seems like you can get some really luxurious houses and apartments comparatively cheaply. Of course then the problem becomes having to go home to your actual house which isn’t as luxe!

5. I paid a LOT for a HOSTEL when I was in London last time. I think if you have a few people, renting an apartment would be affordable and a better experience.

When we went to London 3 years ago we paid something ridiculous like $35/night, which coming from South America gave us serious sticker shock. Apartments seem like a much better value for money.