Saturday in Santiago: Mercado Paula Gourmet 2012

I’m not going to go into great deal on the most recent Mercado Paula Gourmet because a) it’s a food festival, you can figure it out and b) I go every year, so if you’ve been reading for a while you probably already know what it’s about.

Popcorn cart

Reason c is that I am currently in the airport, typing and uploading pictures as fast as my fingers can go. I was supposed to fly to New York last night, but thanks to Nemo – not the adorable fish but the much less adorable blizzard – I instead spent another night at home and am now assured that I will be leaving today, 14 hours later. So I’ve got to get this post up before they leave without me!

Teapots

This versions highlights included massive ostrich eggs, a stall that transported me to Paris, and some of the most beautiful flowers I’ve ever seen. Enjoy!

Ostrich eggs

Medicinal candies

Paris food stall

Cheese

Flowers

Saturday in Santiago

14 Responses to “Saturday in Santiago: Mercado Paula Gourmet 2012”

1. carine says:

Great pictures! Love the colors.
    Sorry to hear about your flight but the East coast of Canada and the USA were hit pretty bad with the storm last night. Better be at home than stuck in an airport somewhere. Have a great trip :)

Oh yes, I was VERY grateful for my bed, dog and husband (not necessarily in that order, haha) when I’m sure some people were sleeping on airport floors.

2. Ummm I spy popcorn, so I’m a fan already!

I really liked that old school popcorn cart, kind of a nice juxtaposition next to the fancy pants new gourmet offering.

Wow – what do people do with the ostrich eggs? Eat them, I guess? One omelette per egg?

I think I’m right in remembering that some of them were hollowed-out to be used for decoration, but yes, some are for eating. That would be a family-sized omelette even with just one egg!

4. The flowers are beautiful and the cheese looks yummy; Nice article on Mercado Paula Gourmet

5. Alex says:

Hi New to Santiago (new gringo from Brasil)…loved to come across your Blog. When does this Mercado Paula takes place??? Wanna go!!!!

6. OMG. I JUST went to the M Cheese in Puerto Varas! The guy that is making the cheese, Nick, is a friend of a friend and showed us around while I was in town. Such a cool place to make & eat cheese! LOVED the stronger ones…of course.

Coincidence! I did not actually even remember the brand of those cheeses, I only know that they are delicious.